Festive cocktails crafted for cosiness and comfort
This Christmas, Boann Distillery is helping to warm up our winter evenings with two hot cocktails crafted to bring joy to every celebration.
Elevate your festive gatherings with the Silks Spiced Apple Gin and the 1848 Hot Apple Brandy – the perfect companions for cosy moments and joyful toasts.
Silks Spiced Apple Gin: A Winter Warmer Bursting with Flavour
A blend of Silks Irish Dry Gin, rich apple juice, and a medley of festive spices, promises a symphony of lovely citrus notes and aromatic spices.
- 100ml Silks Irish Dry Gin
- 400ml good quality apple juice
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom pods
- Peel of one orange
- 2 Star anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Red Apple Fan to garnish
- In a pot, combine apple juice with 4 cloves, 2 cardamom pods, orange peel, and 2 star anise. Heat to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat and allow the spiced apple juice to cool slightly.
- Strain the hot concoction into a heat-safe glass, add Silks Gin, and stir.
- Garnish with a red apple fan and enjoy.
1848 Hot Apple Brandy: A Cosy Sipper for Chilly Evenings
This inviting blend of Boann’s 1848 Apple Brandy, honey, and hot water creates a concoction that soothes the senses and spreads holiday cheer.
- 50ml Apple Brandy
- 10ml honey
- Hot water
- Cinnamon stick and/or star anise for garnish
- In a heatproof glass or mug, add hot (but not boiling) water and stir in a teaspoon of honey until fully dissolved.
- Add 50ml of 1848 Apple Brandy and stir gently.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Serve immediately and let the warmth of the season embrace you.
Silks Gin and 1848 Apple brandy is available to purchase online on https://boanndistillery.ie/