Listoke Gin Cocktails
Listoke Distillery is a craft gin distillery nestled in the heart of the Boyne Valley on the outskirts of Drogheda Co. Louth. Also home to Ireland's first Gin School which you can visit and taste some of their Award-Winning Irish Gins! Listoke also offer a subscription service where each month they will create brand new, innovative gin recipes that only members will have access to, join The First Sip Society here.
Basil of the Boyne Valley
This cocktail was created by Boyne Valley Flavours Brand Ambassadors Patrick Hanlon and Russell Alford AKA GastroGays for the Cocktails of the Boyne Valley virtual cocktail class in May. It uses a limited editions Chilli Inferno Listoke Gin that is available to buy now on their site (here) but only for a limited time! It also used A Bit On The Side Basil Jelly which has many delicious uses & can be purchased here.
- 1 tbsp A Bit On The Side Basil Jelly
- 2 limes, juiced
- 50ml Chilli Inferno Listoke Gin
- 1 egg (white only)
- Dried chilli and lime, to garnish
- Thin the basil jelly in a tbsp or two of water from a recently boiled kettle
- until pouring consistency.
- In a shaker, add the jelly mixture with the lime juice, gin and egg white.
- Dry shake (no ice) for 10 seconds, then wet shake (with ice) for 25-30
- Strain into a sour glass, garnish with the lime and chilli
The Listoke Gin Hot Toddy
- 50ml Listoke 1777 Gin
- 50ml hot water
- 1 tsp honey
- Cinnamon stick and a slice of lemon or orange, to garnish
- Combine all of your ingredients except the garnish and stir well until honey has completely dissolved. Garnish and serve!
Purchase Listoke Gin & book tickets for their Gin School experience over on their site-
Slane Whiskey Cocktails
Slane Cold Brew
A post-dinner pick-me-up.Ingredients
- 3 parts Slane Irish Whiskey
- 1 part maple syrup or honey
- 1 Cold brew coffee
- 3 Coffee Beans
- In a shaker over ice, add the whiskey, syrup/ honey and cold brew coffee
- Shake or stir well to dissolve the syrup
- Strain into glass over fresh ice
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans
River Boyne Fizz
- 1 part Slane Irish Whiskey
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1 tbsp local honey
- Tonic water
- Sprig of mint
- Lemon wheel
- Pour whiskey into a highball glass
- Add lemon juice and honey
- Stir well until the honey dissolves
- Add ice and top up with tonic water
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lemon wheel
Coole Swan Cocktails
Coole Swan is a unique blend of single malt Irish whiskey, Belgian white chocolate and fresh dairy cream. A taste experience that lingers for you to savour and enjoy. Made in Ireland, and only in Ireland. This multi award winning liquor is perfect on its own or is a fantastic base for lots of beautiful cocktails.
Perfect for: All year/ Summer, At home/ Celebrations/ Brunch.
- 50 ml Coole Swan
- 20ml Vanilla & Rhubarb Infused Gin
- 2 x Raspberries
Shake all ingredients over ice. Strain into martini glass slowly. Garnish with a raspberry & mint.
The Strawberry Daiquiri
Perfect for: Summer, At home/Celebrations
- 50ml Coole Swan
- 25ml White Rum
- 20ml strawberry liqueur
- A handful of fresh strawberries
- Plenty of Crushed ice
* This cocktail should only be made with the freshest of strawberries. Make sure they are ripe and sweet.
- For each cocktail place one handful of fresh strawberries in the empty shaker and muddle them gently.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the shaker and shake as normal.
- Strain over a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry.
Sixling Gin Cocktails
Sixling gin, owned by husband and wife Tom & Nicola Grills launched in August 2018. Sixling is Ireland’s first and only cloudberry gin. Cloudberries were plentiful in Ireland up until the 1800s but are now extremely rare on the island. They source our cloudberries from Scandinavia to offer consumers an opportunity to rediscover a forgotten flavour of ancient Ireland.
Sixling Southside Mojito
- 50ml Sixling Gin
- 30 ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 6 Mint Leaves
- Lots of Ice!
- Lime slices for garnish!
- Muddle together the lime juice, sugar syrup and lime juice.
- Add the Sixling gin.
- Add ice and garnish with a slice of lime.
Sixling Pineapple Gin Daiquiri
- 4 Oz Sixling Gin
- 1.5 Cups Fresh Pineapple
- 1.5 Cups Ice cubes
- 1 Oz Simple Syrup (Optional)
- Mint to Garnish (Optional)
- Place Sixling gin, pineapple and ice cubes into a blender and blend until mixture becomes smooth/
- Add simple syrup to sweeten.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
The Whistler Cocktails
Boann Distillery is a family owned state-of -the-art distillery, producing a range of triple distilled Irish single malt and Irish pot still whiskey, from three handmade bespoke copper pot stills. The handmade traditional copper pot stills have patented inbuilt nanotechnology, that exposes the spirit to 6 times more copper surface during the distillation process, than in a purely traditional still. In 2021 they won 6 awards at the prestigious World Whiskies Awards including Best Single Pot Still New Make 2021.
Recipes from Boann Distillery created by The Social Sipper
Whistler Irish Cream Grasshopper
- 2oz Whistler Irish Cream
- 1 ½ oz Crème de Menthe
- ½ oz Amaro
- Shaved chocolate
- Mint sprig to garnish
Add the Whistler Irish cream, Crème de Menthe and Amaro to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously . Strain into a coupe. Top with shaved chocolate and a garnish with a mint leaf.
Please share your creations if you give them a go using #BoyneValleyFlavours so we can see them!