Martry Mill Brown Bread Recipe
If you find yourself in possession of flour, and better yet, some beautiful Martry Mill flour, which is available in Great Northern Larder's Boyne Valley Store Cupboard Food Box, which is available now for home delivery on www.greatnorthernlarder.com.
Martry Mill is a historic mill jun by miller James Tallon, find out more about the mill - http://www.martrymill.ie/home
- 454g of Martry Mill wholemeal flour
- 150g plain white flour
- 1 ½ tsp bread soda
- 550 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg into the buttermilk.
- Mix ¾ of the liquid ingredients into the dry.
- Gradually add enough of the remainder to make a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Put into a well greased 900g loaf tin and cover loosely with tinfoil.
- Bake at 220◦C for 1 hour approx.