Introducing Boyne Valley Bites
Boyne Valley Flavours, with support from Fáilte Ireland, are delighted to announce the Boyne Valley Bites initiative. Our aim is to encourage more Boyne Valley dishes on restaurant menus, particularly during the local festivals of Púca, Lú Festival of Light and Samhain, taking place this October and November. We invite YOU to participate in this campaign, at no cost to your business. Take advantage of this opportunity to showcase a Boyne Valley dish on your menu and benefit from extensive marketing and promotion which will drive more footfall to your venue. The campaign will focus on the festival towns of Trim, Athboy, Drogheda and Kells. If successful, we hope to extend this initiative into the wider Boyne Valley region.
What would we like you to do?
We invite you to list a “Boyne Valley Bite” on your menu to coincide with the festival that is taking place in your area. Join us this September for a FREE workshop where Conor Halpenny, from the award-winning The Square restaurant, and Tara Walker, long-time cookery instructor, will demonstrate 6 dishes with suggested local drinks pairings. Choices will range from traditional fare to fine dining and will include vegetarian, vegan and dessert options. You can either chose one of these Boyne Valley Bites for your menu, or use as inspiration to develop your own. If you can't attend a workshop you can still participate in the initiative. Please scroll down to register your interest.
Participating eateries will receive:
- 6 fully costed seasonal recipes containing Boyne Valley ingredients with optional local drinks pairings
- Producer directory with ordering details
- Branded images and captions for you to promote the campaign on your website and social media
- Boyne Valley Bites window sticker
- Boyne Valley Bites menu stickers
- Promotion of your venue on social media by festival organisers, Boyne Valley Flavours and The Sunday Times restaurant critics Patrick Hanlon and Russell Alford, aka the GastroGays, who have 44k followers on Instagram and counting!
Tuesday 19th September, Boyne Valley Food Hub, Navan
9.30am Arrival and refreshments
10am Workshop starts
1pm Workshop finishes
Register your interest HERE today