Dish & Spoon's Raw Blueberry Cheesecake
Published on: 7th July 2018 @ 11:22 AM
Dish & Spoon, a brand new bakery specialising in allergen-friendly foods, have created this scrumptious dessert recipe. It's definitely one for sharing and is perfect for all those family get-togethers. Pass us a spoon NOW!
For the Crusts
20 x Sort Dates (pitted or pre-soaked and drained)
500g Gluten Free Oats
½ tbsp Himalayan Salt
For the Coconut Filling
1 Can of Coconut Milk (Chilled, use only the cream, not the water)
3 x Frozen Bananas
1 Ripe Banana (not frozen)
1 Lemon (juice of)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 tsp Agave Syrup
For the Blueberry Filling
2 x Frozen Bananas
220g Frozen Blueberries
½ Can of Coconut Milk (Chilled, use only the cream, not the water)
4 tsp Agave Syrup
- Before making the cheesecake, place your cans of coconut milk upside down in the fridge overnight (this will help the cream separate from the liquid). Open the can, while upside down, pour out the watery liquid and scoop out the coconut cream which you will use for making this cake. Let’s begin with making the crust!
- Blend all your crust ingredients in a food processor until it comes together in a bowl. Form into a 21 cm or 8-inch springform cake pan (press it firmly using the bottom of a glass). Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, or until firm. Rinse your food processor
- Add your coconut layer to your food processor and blend until creamy. Add your middle layer to your cake pan and freeze for at least 2 hours, until completely set. (Optional: Save about 50g of the coconut filling to make swirls on the cake)
- Blend all of your blueberry layer ingredients in your food processor until creamy. Add your blueberry mixture to your cake pan.
- If you saved some coconut filling, make swirls on the cake. Add just ½ tsp of the filling creating small dots spread on top of the blueberry layer. Take a knife/toothpick and swirl it through the batter, making rounded vertical zig-zags from one side of the pan to the other. Place it back in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
- When the cake is all set, you can decorate some more with fresh blueberries and anything else you like. Enjoy!