Boyne Valley Blue Goat’s Cheese and Roast Peach
Published on: 18th June 2018 @ 2:09 PM
This Boyne Valley Blue cheese and roast peach is a delicious recipe created by Matthias Eckers for the Irish Maritime Festival in association with Flogas. It's perfect for savouring as a summer dessert or a starter and is very easy to make. This recipe serves four people and you can find below a list of what you will need, as well as how to create this simple yet tasty dish.
For the Peaches
4 × Peaches
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp Newgrange Gold Rapeseed Oil
200g Boyne Valley Blue Cheese (cut into cubes)
For the Dressing
150ml Cold All Natural Peach Purée
1 Sachet of Unflavoured Gelatine
40g of Caster Sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180°C / 350°F.
- Grease an oven-proof shallow dish with a little butter.
- Cut peaches into wedges, remove the stones and place in the dish in a single layer.
- Drizzle over the oil, season with salt and pepper, add the cubed cheese and place dish in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat 100ml of the peach purée in a small saucepan until it just simmers and remove from heat (do not allow purée to cook).
- Stir in the sugar (if using). Place the remaining 50ml of the purée in a medium bowl and sprinkle gelatine over. Stir, let sit for 2 minutes and stir again.
- Add warm juice to cold juice, stir, and pour mixture into an 8 × 8-inch pan. Refrigerate until firm (approx. 4 hours). Place in the food processor and blend into a liquid gel.
- Place the peaches on a serving dish and drizzle the dressing on as desired.